[Rhodes22-list] Fiber Glass Repair

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 14:14:18 EST 2012

Sounds to me that they rested the motor on the seat and chipped the gel
coat with the skeg. It's something that is easily done. The white stuff  that
is chipped is only gel coat. It's what they line the mold with prior  to
layering up the fiberglass. The gel coat and a release agent (wax) applied to
the mold allow the pieces to be removed from the mold and look pretty. Many
of  the marine outlets have gel coat repair kits and you can do some color
changing  to match yours. Not all white's are the same.

Rummy

In a message dated 2/22/2012 11:43:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,