[Rhodes22-list] Dog Life Jackets

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Mar 8 16:46:51 EST 2012

Rob & Lynn,

I was at the vets spending thousands of dollars on my "free" rescue dog and
struck up a conversation with my waiting room neighbor who had portuguese
water dogs.  Turned out he was the owner of J/Boats in Annapolis and he went
on and on about sailing with his dogs.  Give him a call and I'm sure he'll
tell you everything you'd want to know about sailing with K-9s.

My salty dog hates sailing but probably hates being left at home more.
First time out he was overboard before we got out of the marina.  Scared the
poor thing to death and he wouldn't leave the cabin afterwards.  After about
an hour he puked all over the cabin.  Don't know if he was just nervous or
seasick.  You'd think with all the lab in him he'd love the water.  He's a
little over 90 pounds dry and getting him back in the boat wasn't dry or
easy.  Sailor or not we still love him.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33468129/At%2BEase%2B10-5-09%2B025.jpg
At+Ease+10-5-09+025.jpg

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD

i trained my late portuguese water dog to wear a harness with a ring
between his shoulders. if he fell-or jumped-i could help him back aboard
with a boat hook. it was pretty easy since he was a good swimmer, only 65
lbs and the sea pearl had pretty low freeboard, might not work with
different dog/boat combo.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Lowe, Rob <rlowe at vt.edu> wrote:

> Anyone have any suggestions on decent life jackets for dogs?  We take our
> hounds with us sailing quite often and they love to walk up to the bow and
> sit up there.  Drives the admiral crazy.  We got them some cheap jackets
> sort of like these.
>
> http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|135|439|315210&id=1338478
>
> They don't care for them at all.  It's like you put strait jackets on them
> and they are way too hot.  Suggestions?  Thanks - rob

Just published!

http://www.pinkflamingo.com/products/Philadelphia-Personal-%252d-ebook.html

Here's what's up for me these days;

http://www.radiationdays.
<http://www.radiationdays.blogspot.com>com<http://www.radiationdays.blogspot.com>

or point your phone at this:

[image: QR code]

http://goo.gl/pYqg9.qr

Lynn Hoffman is the author of The Short Course in Beer and The New Short
Course in Wine. You can read a sample or order your e-copy at:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/16714

•Had enough of gun violence? Read the story of a woman who does something
about it .
*Paula Sherman and the National Rifle Association  *

get your e-copy for $4.99 at
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/23266