[Rhodes22-list] Re quirements for Canada

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:01:42 EDT 2012

Ron,

The easiest way is for everyone aboard to carry their passports.  You have
to call Canadian immigration as soon as you land because they are very
diligent watching you approach on the radar, even along the most remote
shorelines.  If you don't have a cell phone from a major carrier, get to a
marina early enough to use their office phone.

Returning to the US is a little more troublesome because you have to get
everyone to a video phone station.  But I've found the Feds are pretty slow
to come after you compared to the Mounties.

The Canadian Coast Guard is on VHF channel 16 and they will automatically
respond when you cross the border.  Both Coasties will help you avoid
traffic in the shipping lanes.

Bon Voyage,

Rick