[Rhodes22-list] New (old) Rhodes 22 owner

rbeytagh rbeytagh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 09:47:40 EDT 2012

I am the ultimate scavenger and I use what ever materials I can get a deal
on, will look nice and have good marine use characteristics. The new galley
counter is formica scrounged from a buddy, the white panels in the fwd cabin
are GRP board found at Habitat, the wood trim covering the hull/deck joint
are hard-wood flooring panels left over from a house refurb.

Sadly I had to buy some new fittings...SS stove, Porta Potti, SS Sink,
electrical stuff and carpet. I am hoping to bring the total refurb project
in under $2000 which includes a Bomar hatch for the foredeck, new Genoa, new
companion-way cover, mainsail cover, running rigging, boarding ladder, new
rub-rail and cushions.

I don't want to sound flippant, but I guess there will be a lot of good used
boat fittings around after they clear up the Sandy mess...