[Rhodes22-list] Tacking the 150 Genny

Mike C hmcheung57 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 16:16:04 EDT 2013

The big Genny's that we fly from our Rhodes can be a challenge to tack at
times.  We have the 175 on Muireann and have found that the most effective
way to get the headsail through to the other side is to let go of the
working sheet as soon as the tack is started to let the headsail blow away
from the boat, wait to haul on the new working sheet until the headsail has
blown through or nearly blown through to the new lee side rather than trying
to pull the sail with the sheet.

-----
Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann