[Rhodes22-list] Nav software for iPad?

Theodore Boender boendert at me.com
Sat Dec 7 10:16:59 EST 2013

Rob,

Here is a link to the waterproof case I use. Love it! http://www.lifeproof.com/en/ipad/

Here is link to the Bad Elf Bluetooth GPS receiver option. http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Elf-2200-Black-silver/dp/B008VWNBBE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386428645&sr=8-2&keywords=bad+elf

My Garmin Glo Bluetooth GPS receiver connects to the wifi only iPad 2 seamlessly and is highly accurate. It uses the US GPS and Russian Glonas satellites. This gives you some redundancy and provides a highly accurate fix.

One nice thing about the Nav software (iNavX, Garmin, Navionics) is that you can have it installed on your iPhone and iPad. This offers you some redundancy if one craps the bed while underway. I have the waterproof case on my iPhone5, too, just in case. I like having the weather radar picture overlaid on the chart, provided you're in cell range. This enables you to keep an eye on the thunderstorms given your location.

Cheers,
Ted
S/V Airpower, R22 1991/2013