[Rhodes22-list] Ok to beach the Rhodes?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 08:37:06 EST 2013

Steve,
Because of the design of the Rhodes bottom and shoal draft keel, the simple
 answer is no. You can damage the keel and housing. The best way to
approach a  beach is to anchor out and then back the Rhodes towards the beach using
the  motor. With the centerboard and rudder raised, you can back to about
knee deep  water when getting off using the ladder.

Rummy

In a message dated 1/6/2013 6:17:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,