[Rhodes22-list] Chain Plate Problem

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Jan 8 13:48:28 EST 2013

Jeff,
There have been several discussions on rebidding chain plates that have been torn out due to various mishaps.  The aft inner chain plates bend 90 degrees once the enter the cabin top and are screwed into plywood that comprises the cabin roof.  Having had to repair my torn out chain plate, I would accept some amount of wiggling as acceptable.  What is important is to try to keep water from entering in around the chain plate, which can be difficult since they can wiggle a bit.  - rob