[Rhodes22-list] Yet another cockpit drain question

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Jan 9 18:57:36 EST 2013

Well it is and it isn't.  It depends on how the boat is sitting in the
water.  On a mooring with no passengers on board, the stern is usually out
of the water, unless you have a heavy engine and a battery in the lazarette,
in which case it is in the water.  When sailing with crew in the cockpit (a
couple of 200 pounders will do nicely), the drain is under water (you may
even see water come up the hose towards the cockpit).

So to answer your question, yes and no.

Mike
s/v <-- NoName -->  ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY