[Rhodes22-list] Ok to beach the Rhodes?

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:38:14 EST 2013

>From these descriptions of older boats riding high on the trailer, I think
the best way to answer the question of this thread is to first determine
the age of the boat.   It seems boats older than about 20 years were not
built with an authentic weighted keel.  That probably equates with not
having a diamond board.

So if your boat is less than 20 and has a diamond board, beaching it and
driving it onto the trailer should be fine.  But if your boat is older and
has a center board, more caution is warranted.

Rick