[Rhodes22-list] Yet another cockpit drain question

Donald Simons borderfolle at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 12:29:43 EST 2013

The cockpit floor on our '03 Rhodes must be set low since we often get water up through the drain with two adults and a Yamaha 8hp.  I gently insert a plastic pipe coupler with about 2" of pipe as a plug.  The coupler is the same diameter as the inside of the cockpit drain.  The water rarely comes over top and if I were to forget to remove it, the cockpit will still drain when the rain water reaches the top of the pipe.

This is just an alternative to a plug if anyone is interested.

Don