[Rhodes22-list] Imax spectacular

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 21:15:25 EST 2013

Was it Rummy who passed the word about the Hubble Imax film a year or so ago?

Well, here is one that is so spectacular...stupendous...it is a must see..I saw it today and am still on a high from it.

Rocky Mountain Express...see the trailer:(the Imax of course is such an experience...don't let the flat photography of the trailer mislead you.....

http://www.smv.org/visit/imax/rocky-mountain-express

Join in the epic adventure of building Canada’s first transcontinental railway as you are propelled on a steam train journey through the Canadian Rockies.  Retrace the original route aboard the majestic steam engine 2816 as you see breath-taking vistas of the west from spectacular aerial cinematography.  Ride the rails along deep river canyons and over high mountain passes.   Immerse yourself in an era of remarkable ingenuity as you follow the heroic human drama and engineering that shaped a continent.

I've seen several Imax films...this one by far is the best. Use of small cameras on various parts of the locomotive, plus awesome editing of the helicopter shots, presents one amazing scene after another. It is coupled with the details of the thousands of builders of this project. If you get a chance...please see it.

elle

Beer is good....people are crazy

1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06
"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}