[Rhodes22-list] Seaward 25 vs R22 some info was Re: Ok to beach the Rhodes?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jan 28 14:46:59 EST 2013

I think they are very different boats so you may want to decide which
is better suited to your needs.

I believe the 1994 Seaward 25 is longer, heavier and wider than a
R22. It may also have a fixed keel - I believe the mid-90s Seaward
25s had a very shallow draft wing keel. those factors would mean more
tow vehicle if you are towing and more limited choice of ramps if you
launching.

  Probably has more room down below but I don't think they have a
pop-top so may be only sitting (or stooping) headroom. Probably has a
smaller cockpit - the Rhodes 22 has the most comfortable cockpit of
any boat I have ever been on - of any size.

There is more info about the Seaward 25 in this thread on the Trailer
Sailor BB. Some of the links may be dead but the info should still be good.
http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/seaward/index.cgi/noframes/read/47925

There is also a forum for Seaward/Hake Yachts on that forum.

You can, of course ask more questions about the Rhodes 22 here. We
are all pretty delighted with our boats but a lot of that is fitting
how we use a boat to the unique characteristics of a Rhodes 22.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Rock Hall, MD