[Rhodes22-list] Traveling with motor mounted.

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed May 22 19:17:11 EDT 2013

Two different straps. One is the strap to the winch and the others
are straps to anchor point on the trailer at bow and stern. We have
always kept the strap to the winch tight but eased the bow support
away from the bow. Have actually run a safety chain to the bow eye
just in case. At times we've also strapped down the stern. No damage
to the hull or the bow. Our theory is that you want the bow strap
tight so the boat doesn't settle further back on the trailer on rough
road and you want something on the stern most so it looks like it's
strapped down. It also might keep the boat from coming forward in a
sudden panic stop but probably not.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD