[Rhodes22-list] Traveler Update

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 13 16:33:57 EDT 2013

Chris,
Saw you briefly at the show, comments on traveler. Also new double vertical batten roller reefing mainsail I just installed this season is performing very well. Rob Baldi can confirm vs. traditional vertical batten.

Reviewed this below with Harken and used on the Meltzer R22 by 2nd owner (Shel Green) very successfully, about $300 retail-

Harken 2743 3:1 Pulley with Cam Cleat (Right and Left handed for each side); and modified each of the cam cleats with the ‘X-Treme Angle Fairlead’ (see below) gives 90° cleat & release from the windward side using Stan's current trolley and 1" SS traveler with a continuous line…

Did the demo sails and shows for Stan for many years, and loved it. My 1st R22 was '86, bought as recycled in '89, 2nd (current) in '97.

Jay Friedland
s/v Wanderlust