[Rhodes22-list] Reefing the IMF main

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Aug 4 20:38:35 EDT 2014

I read in a post today about reefing the main vertically by only pulling
out so much.  Obviously that affects the shape.  I prefer to lower the main
and keep it all the way out.  I have not tried to only use part of the main.

We have a 175 jib ( I was told by the previous owner it was 200%, but
corrected here that it had to be 175) and can get decent performance in
gusty winds with what looks like 75% out.  Seldom do I pull all 175% out.
 It is Doyle.  If replaced I would probably go with 135.

Curious about others experience.

Regards,

David B. Craft
Greensboro, NC