[Rhodes22-list] Matters of the heart.

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Dec 20 05:29:43 EST 2014

Bob,
When I discovered that I had heart problems I immediately filed with the
VA. They are waiting for my doctors report after the surgery before making a
determination. AO has deteriorated the arteries closest to the heart. The
lining  had hardened (and shrunk) which is causing restrictions in blood
flow. I was  VERY lucky to have caught it before having a stroke or heart
attack. I can only  thank my medical professionals for spotting the symptoms.
I am fortunate in having a top notch cardiac unit at the Anderson hospital
and my physician is at the top of his profession. Who knew I would find
that in our small community.
I was with the 77th armored division in Quang Tri province in 1970 to
1971, up along the DMZ. AO was sprayed liberally everywhere including the base
camps. We never thought twice about it since it destroyed any cover for
Charlie.  I can't imagine the health issues the local indigenous people are
experiencing.
The surgery is scheduled for early Monday morning and I should be home in
five or six days with a new lease on life if all goes well. Having these
things  pop up this late in life after serving so many years ago isn't anything
we were  prepared for. We should probably take this discussion off list,
but I think it's  important to discuss it since there are probably other
Vietnam era vets that own  Rhodes22's.
I'm glad you are responding well to the oral medications because chemo is
really tough to go through. I also have an enlarged prostrate that will have
to  be dealt with in several months. Life goes on.

Rummy

In a message dated 12/19/2014 10:44:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,