[Rhodes22-list] Searching the archives and settled step >now mast step cb leak

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Tue Mar 4 23:08:51 EST 2014

On my '86,there is a uhmp bracket about one foot forward of the aft end of
the cb trunk with an upside down V  that limits the upward motion of the
cb. It is screwed to the insides of the cb trunk from the inside of the  V
 out to the inside of the cb trunk. 25& yearsof use and abuse broke the
bracket in half and pounded one of the screws through to the outside of
the cb trunk.
  I thought the leak was the center board cap and it was time to paint the
inside of the cb trunk anyway,so I tore off the cb cap and saw the
broken bracket. The bottom bracket screw took a pretty good beating and
gouged out a noticable hole

Jerry Lowe