[Rhodes22-list] Forestay Kaput

labsailor bbocholis at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 13:44:50 EDT 2014

The forestay was at its tightest adjustment and adjusting with the backstays
was bringing the mast way too far aft.  I bought this boat like this and I
think the previous owner had replaced the forestay once already.  He
probably measured wrong or something like that, I suppose.  Anyway I'm glad
it happened on the trailer and not during my first sail of the season.
Thanks for your input.  I'm sending the whole forestay to the riggers.

Charlie

-----
Charlie Bocholis

s/v JAWS