[Rhodes22-list] Help

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sun Mar 23 15:26:01 EDT 2014

Hey Chris,

Just saw your videos of the boat, and a few others.  You did capture the
essence of a sail on L.I. sound, looks great.  Oh, here is another
coincidence.  My wife's sister was the roommate of Pricilla Presley in
Germany and so my wife has as a passing interest in Elvis.  On our 15
anniversary we went to Kauai and stayed at a converted coconut plantation
where, you guessed it,  "Blue Hawaii" was filmed.  On another aside though
my degrees were in Biology and Chemistry, however I really enjoyed Geology a
great deal.  My sister is married to a geologist with expertise in
radiometrics.  Interesting little known fact.  With proper sensors, new
custom software, and a bit of art one can detect the change in delta between
the ratios of Thorium, Uranium and Potassium isotopes.  A number of things
can cause these changes including petroleum microseeps. Couple that with
some careful soil chemistry surveys and you just might have a potentially
effective tool to find small deposits of petroleum here state side and not
have to rely on environmentally stressful tar sands or deep water drilling.
So no sailing this summer; I'll be driving around with a gamma ray detector
in the Midwest.  It should be interesting even if we do not find anything,
if we do that will be great for my sister and brother-in-law and my sailing
kitty.  I'll keep you posted.

Chris