[Rhodes22-list] [Fwd: Pop-top encloseure repair]

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Mon May 5 11:30:53 EDT 2014

Subject: Pop-top encloseure repair
From:    cjlowe at sssnet.com
Date:    Sat, May 3, 2014 11:51 pm
To:      rhodes-22list at rhodes-22.org

My 10+ year old PTE was starting to come apart at the seams. the thread on
both zippers on the door were streached tight and missing in the top
couple inches on both sides. Where the PTE goes around the mast was
showing the same wear. I took it to the closest Amish tarp and canvas
shop. I told the tarp guy that I'd like to make it last a year or two more
if I could. He told me that this material shrinks after a decade of abuse,
and he would add 3/4" of new canvas on each side of the zippers on the
door and put a patch on the hole at the mast. Hoping to keep the price
down, I told him I was more concerned about protection than perfection. He
didn't see it that way. I picked it up today, and It looked great. As he
reached for the work order, I braced myself. He said, including tax,that
will be $ 17.21. I handed him a 20 $ bill, said thanks, and left a very
happy customer. He even cleaned the whole PTE and except for scratches on
the windows It looked new.

  Jerry Lowe