[Rhodes22-list] Trailer bearing question.e

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Aug 15 08:35:13 EDT 2015

Definitely replace the bearings. On an older trailer I used parts from:
http://www.championtrailers.com/trailer-bearing-kits/
Just measure your old bearings and order the new ones to match. Cost about $12 each.

After a recent 1,000 mile trip from western Ct to Camden Me and back, my bearings on the  11 year old  GB Triade trailer failed about two miles from home.  I was using the bearing buddies but somehow grit got into the bearings causing them to fail.  The commercial trucking firm that towed the boat and trailer suggested either replacing the bearings every year or washing them in a solvent and repacking every year.
Joe

Joseph Doucet
70 pumping station rd
Ridgefield , ct USA