[Rhodes22-list] Trailer

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Jan 3 16:35:50 EST 2015

Hi Bob,

You gotten yourself an awesome boat and joined an awesome group.

I just pulled my new to me R22 about 250 miles going past NYC and down to MD
eastern shore - a single axle fairly old Triad. Previous owner had it towed
to Edenton NC (General Boats) twice.

Pulling with a Toyota Tacoma and zero problems - no hint of fishtailing at
interstate speeds and a bad cross wind. I did have boat all way forward on
trailer and rudder and motor in back of truck. I know others leave them on
boat but I just don't trust them to stay there on a long trip and definitely
helped prevent fishtailing.

I also had two new radials installed before i left.

It's definitely a piece of cake to back up.

It's not hard to install two jacks (like the front one) on each side of rear
of trailer to stabilize when not hooked to tow vehicle. They're like $25 a
piece. I think you could actually jack up a rear wheel using one but I've
not tried.

Brooks Bridges
1986/2006 R22
Cambridge, MD