[Rhodes22-list] stern flush mounted stanchions

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Jun 13 09:46:12 EDT 2015

Everybody uses their boat a little differently,but I would not remove
mine. I use it for removing the mast to put it in the basement for winter
and the return trip in the spring. I use it to hold a bunch of nailed
together 2x4's that make a beam that runs the length of the boat to hold
the tarp up off the boat to make a roof that rain and snow  won't pool on.
It is a necessary item in the mast crutch/ raising system.i use it to hike
out on in windy conditions, as a back support. At least on my boat,it
holds the  stern light. And there is always resale value to consider,if
you don't sell it from your slip,the prospective buyer my see Not having
anyway to transport the mast and sails as a disadvantage . Rhodes -22
power cruiser anybody? In closing,if you don't plan on ever raising or
lowering the mast,tarping the boat,hiking out,trailering the boat
anywhere,running at night or selling it,I see no reason to not remove that
$1500 chunk of stainless steel from the stern.
I don't know of anybody ever being excommunicated, however,it won't stop
us from talking the dog about you,and archive it for future generations to
enjoy!! So go ahead and sign your posts!

Jerry Lowe