[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Winter Cover

Robert Louis Weiss rweiss at siu.edu
Sat Aug 13 22:28:06 EDT 2016

Bruce,

You are welcome to reference my boat. I don't know if they made note of the changes I required or not, as I marked the back third of the cover that I returned to them for changes and they simply made those adjustments.

The middle section of my cover was fine. But I did take pictures of my "life rails" and sent them since I wanted to make sure they allowed for those which are an option.

The bow section of the cover was not perfect, but I didn't send it back for adjustments. If I were having them make a cover now, I would make sure they have accurate measurements for placement of the bow pulpit -- my cover does not have great fittings there. I did manage to get the cover on good enough, but it could be better. They also must not expect or understand the IMF, as the front section is constructed to be held up by the main halyard, which does not exist on the IMF. So the cover could have a better shape.

The back third of the cover is the one I returned with markings for them to correct. While it was long enough to cover the stern, the cutouts were not even close to fitting my boat. If they have notes on my changes, that might help, otherwise you may want to sent photos and measurements to ensure a better fit. I had them close up some cuts and add some others.

The good thing is they stand by their work and were willing to make changes that I marked on the cover. It just cost me a bit to send that back third to them.

Otherwise, I am pleased with the cover. The material is great and the large zippers make it easy for me to get onto my boat in the winter to check it.

Bob

Robert L Weiss Jr.
Director of Music
First United Methodist Carbondale, IL