[Rhodes22-list] Ethanol problems

joseph doucet jadoucet at snet.net
Mon Jun 19 19:51:35 EDT 2017

STA-BIL® Marine claims to solve this problem.  One can buy it at certain Walmart stores which are in marine environments, else Amazon.

We have struggled with this problem for ~ 15 years.  Gasoline motors typically have low speed carb. problems at low speed because  the low speed jets easily clog.  The solution is an electric motor similar to Stan's new offering.  Electric motors provide high torque at low speed which is exactly what one needs while docking.  When day sailing we only use the electric motor.  On a long cruise we may use the gasoline motor.

Also electric motors are quiet and produce no fumes.  Isn't this the reason we sail?

Joe the elder with an R22 he has not named some where in Ct

Joseph Doucet