[Rhodes22-list] Chris Cowie and GB

Stan Spitzer stan at rhodes22.com
Thu Aug 23 10:32:37 EDT 2018

Charles, I'll have to use up one of my jury rejections with your "sounds
believable" before your hearing the rebuttal to Chris's chapter 2.

Chris, you Chapter 2 statement,/"I put together a team of three partners
and an investor and visited the plant"/  misleads the jurors.

In truth there were 3 in your entourage, no 4th *Investor.* In truth,
for the entire few hours of your plant visit there was not a single
mention of a single cent of investment.

Further, your e-mail to the List statement, "even this new proposal
would not work for Stan" continues your misleading. This was not a new
proposal. It was the same proposal: Ownership of General Boats in return
for absentee long distance management.

Had you really brought an investor, I was fully evidence-prepared to
talk investment.  Had you (or your partner) been willing to work with
me, side by side to build on General Boats substantial assets in turning
GB into a powerhouse business, I was fully prepared with a dossier of
all the vertical and horizontal related business divisions this company
is poised to expand into.  I was, and remain, open to such serious
partnering.

Your original, and ongoing, offering of invisible long distance
management is not an offer of serious partnering.  It is not a path to
lightening the load on me but rather a corporate structure that would
broaden my single handing chores.

I know, you are going to state that your offer this time was slightly
different in that you brought with you the father of your partner who I
could hire, train and house to help get the boats out for Annapolis.  At
my age everyonelse is young, so age was not an issue.  The experienced
management issue was that taking one of our two crew off production to
orient and train a new employee is a slowing, not a speeding up, of our
immediate goal.  Nevertheless I took this gentleman on a detailed verbal
and visual tour of the operation.

In view of your e-mail advise that this was to be a two day meeting, we
diligently diverted two workers, sorely needed for behind scheduled
boats, to ready accommodations.  When I returned from the tour with your
partner's father, to my surprise you were ready to leave; a unilateral
decision: No next day serious give and take meeting.

stan