[Rhodes22-list] GBI Furler available and photos Re: GB Furler Picturers and Parts

SpringHollow ksimolo at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 5 16:09:16 EDT 2019

Mary, I am impressed - you even have dimensions!!!

I was just talking to the sailmaker.  His English is orders of magnitude
better than any Italian I could ever try to do but the communication was
difficult.  I wanted to talk to him about adding luff foam and UV
protection.  He could not understand my explaining the luff foam to improve
shape when partially furled.  So I will wait to see how we like it without
it and get it added over here if necessary.  However, he did understand my
discussion that the light weight insignia material might be better than
sunbrella.  But he needs to know which side of the sail to put it on.  I do
not know which way the sail furls.  I think the furling sheet went to the
starboard side of the boat - does that sound correct?  If so, then the sail
should be protected on that side.

Ken

-----
1988 Rhodes 22 refurbed in 2008