[Rhodes22-list] Wiring Diagram

mweisner at ebsmed.com mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Oct 29 15:00:50 EDT 2019

Hi Thomas,

Several owners have created wiring diagrams from their boats as follows:

From Chris Cowie 12/25/09 6:28pm:
	I am trying to better understand how my boat is wired and am putting together
	some wiring diagrams per the enclosed 	sketches.  These sketches will be
	updated as I learn more about what all the wires mean, where they go and what
 	they do  but this is my start.  I am open to any suggestions, critique or insight
	from  any members better versed in how our electrical systems work.
	What I am trying to show in my diagram is as follows:

	1. The outboard has a single set of wires that appear to go to a block with
		pos and neg terminals to which the starter is also connected.  This
		block appears to be connected direct to battery #2, my starter battery.
		I think the  battery #2 directly powers the starter and lift and also
		receives a charge direct from the outboard alternator.

	2. I believe the two solar panels go direct to battery #2 but I am not sure.
		If I am correct then battery #2 would always receive a trickle charge
		when the sun is shining and battery #2 could also receive a charge if
		the battery switch is in the both position.

	3. The battery switch seems to control how power is provided from battery #1
		and or battery #2  to the power bus.

	4. The power bus seems to provide power to the main panel, the macerator,
		the water pump, the vhf radio.  I see two big white wires and three
		small white wires, two big black wires and four small black wires,
		I don't understand were all of these go and what they do.

	5. The main distribution panel seems to have switches that control circuits
		to each of the appliances, cabin lights, dc outlets etc....

	With input and corrections I can post a more accurate set of diagrams for fleet reference.
See attachments (Wiring05, Wiring06, Wiring07 & Wiring08) at the end of the entire email.

From Chris Cowie 04/12/10 400pm:
	I am adding some electronic equipment and spent the time to figure out how the
	main wiring is set up in my boat.  I thought the group might enjoy seeing how this
	is set up.  Enclosed is a schematic sketch for reference.  Note that the solar
	panel #2 goes direct to battery #2 and solar panel #1 goes direct to the power
	panel that is connected to battery #1.  This arrangement allows the solar panels
	to always be charging even if the main battery switch is turned to the off position.
	The bus bar is always hot from battery #1 that means the macerator and water
	pump will always have power from battery #1.  The terminals located in the lazaret
	is always hot from battery #2 that means the electric start and power lift always
	has power.  Having the bus bar and lazaret terminals hot allows the power control
	panel to remain a manageable size.
See attachment (Wiring2010) at the end of the entire email.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY