[Rhodes22-list] IMF anchor light installation

JeffSmith jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:42:46 EDT 2020

To remove the pop rivets you can drill them out with the appropriate size
drill and replace them with the same size. There is no load, so aluminum
rivets should work fine.
I pulled the 2 machine screws from the top cover of my mast today to load a
1/4" hardware store line with 8" cable ties every foot or so in the wire
channel to quiet the wire slap. I expect it to work, but don't know yet. I
didn't want to remove and re-pull the masthead wire and risk messing it up.
First I tape-ed the 1/4" line to a 25' electricians snake, but that got hung
up, so I used the snake to run an 1/8" dacron line from the top of the
lowered mast to the base which worked. Then rolling hitched & taped the 1/8"
to the 1/4"and pulled. "In like Flynn" (that expression is even before my
time).