[Rhodes22-list] New Rhodes 22 Owner

KillarneyLake killarneylake at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 09:43:59 EST 2020

This is my first ‘big’ boat.

I tried countless times to successfully windsurf—mastered downwind requiring
regular motorboat rescue.

Then we were gifted a ~40 year old BIC styrofoam catboat that drafts two
inches with six inches of freeboard. This thing is actually a ton of fun and
my son and I can both sail it pretty well.

Then we got an International C420 racing dingy. It is really fast and forces
you to learn rapidly because it is a tiny boat with a relatively huge mast
and sail area. We spend a fair amount of time treading water with the sails
wet. If we got a harness and used the trapese rig we would have fewer
mishaps.