[Rhodes22-list] A test from a Mac with an Attachment

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Jul 17 21:43:48 EDT 2020

It has been pretty firmly established that if you send an attachment to the list from the native Mac email client, something about the way the message is formatted will result in the attachment being stripped out without a trace.  I’ve been wondering for a while whether this was a ‘Mac’ problem, or a ‘Mac email client’ problem.  It now seems pretty clear that it is the latter.

I downloaded a different email client app from the Apple App Store named ’Spark’.  This seems to be free for individual users.  It took me a minute to connect it to my email server. Then I sent a message to the list with an attachment.  Lo and behold, the attachment came through.

I intend to just keep this app on the sidelines for those rare occasions when I want to send an attachment to the list.  But apparently some people prefer Spark to the native email app.

—Peter