[Rhodes22-list] Almost perfect as can be - trailer

Tom Van Heule tom.vanheule at intrinsicprograms.com
Sun Sep 13 12:31:10 EDT 2020

Today I went to the up a launch lane to practice retrieval and launching
our boat Octopian. In the morning I had about negative 80lbs tounge weight,
the aft port window centered above the axle.  Rudder and 8hp 4 stroke on
the back. Mast down on the crutch and attached to the bow pulpit. Single
axle.

Now see where the aft port is related to the axle.
We have about 120lbs of tounge weight now! Pulled remarkedly better.

You may ask yourself.... Why almost perfect then?
We cracked one of the keel alignment bunks :(

Let's share our tips for getting her just right in the bunks? I don't see a
lot of retrieval or launching threads on the archive.

I found that winching her tight before de-floating, with the stem crotch
full retracted worked perfect.
Just make sure you give her time to settle in the bunk, it's not a tractor
pull...

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Tom