[Rhodes22-list] Update on IMF outhaul/furling running rigging changes made over the winter

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Tue Dec 7 21:09:48 EST 2021

I'm pretty sure that's what I did, or I might have even used wood screws.

I probably got the idea that this would be OK because every piece of hardware attached to the mast or boom that was put in place by General Boats that I have removed was attached by screws, not bolts. I can identify with the notion that because tapping threads into the boom is more work, it must be the better solution, but I'm not at all certain that's actually true.

Also, I don't know if it's significant that in this case the forces applied to the screws (or bolts) would be sheer, not tension (I think I'm using those terms correctly).

Perhaps Roger would care to comment.

--Peter