[Rhodes22-list] Buffing/polishing products

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 09:22:04 EST 2021

Frank, I think you'll find the orbital buffer/polisher to be helpful.
There are plenty of brands/models to choose from.  I watched a few of
youtube videos for reference before I did this for the first time and here
are a few of the tips I recall:

   - Don't press too hard since you want to make sure it is still moving
   around sufficiently.  I put some marks with a sharpee marker on the side of
   the disc facing me so I could easily see how much it is rotating
   - Always make sure to keep the pad wet with the product you are using.
   You don't want to damage the paint job with a dry buffer .pad
   - Don't tackle too big of an area at once and spread some of the product
   around the whole area before going in detail

If you choose to use foam pads, they make sets with different levels of
abrasive/softness.  I used a terry cloth to wipe off the product (polish,
wax, etc.) by hand after application.  Good luck!

- Jesse