[Rhodes22-list] Boat parts

Frank Goldsmith goldsmith.cf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 11:53:08 EDT 2021

Rhodes-Mates,

I recently replaced the sails on my Rhodes and in the process lost the clevis and cotter pin that attach the forestay to the bow chain plate.  I bought a stainless steel bolt with plastic washer as a temporary fix (visible in the attached photo, if it comes through), but I would like to replace it with something closer to the original.  Can anyone suggest a source?  Would General Boats likely have something like that in stock?

Also, I need to replace the threaded part of a stay turnbuckle that was already bent when I acquired the boat about six years ago.  (I’ll also attempt to attach a photo of that.)  Any suggestions for a source?  When I go online, there is a daunting range of prices for various kinds of open turnbuckle assemblies.

Thanks for any help,

Frank

Frank Goldsmith
S/V Mary Bess (Rhodes 22 1985/2001)