[Rhodes22-list] Need trailering advice

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Jun 28 22:51:15 EDT 2021

I don't have a checklist, but here are some things I do:

1) I take the trailer to a trailer shop pretty much every year for a thorough going over.  This is not cheap, but I'm kind of paranoid about this.

2) Before any trips, I take the boat and trailer out for a 'test run' of at least 15 minutes.  Then I carefully use my fingers to check the temperature of each wheel hub.  If any are hot, go back to step 1.  Hot means you can't keep your fingers on the hub.  Warm is OK.

3) Inside the boat, I haven't found the need to do very much to secure stuff.  Things will get bounced around some, but not too severely.