[Rhodes22-list] Bald Eagle/Canada Geese Standoff

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 11:45:49 EST 2021

Roger, thanks for sharing.  You have an abundance of wildlife at your
home!  We have some bald eagles near where I live along the Missouri River,
and we also have quite two different types of geese that like to spend time
at nearby ponds.  Like you said, the geese can be quite aggressive, but
I've never seen them interact with an eagle.  Your story made me think of
the different groups of ducks at the lake where I sail.  There's a group of
mallards, a group of some diminutive breed (not sure what kind), and
another rag tag bunch which is made up of all different types who banded
together so they can hold their own.  Some groups are more aggressive than
others.  Sailors at our lake have learned that if you feed the ducks, they
will recognize you and wake you up in the morning by tapping on the hull
with their beaks to let you know they are hungry.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr