[Rhodes22-list] a boisterous sail

Lee lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 14:37:45 EDT 2021

Impressive!  Sir Francis Beaufort may call a 17-knot wind the beginning of a
fresh breeze but I struggle to make headway in anything much more.  I prefer
to sail with the poptop up and to see you guys on a close reach with so
little heel makes me think that I may never lower the boom again.

Stan once told me that he usually deployed the iron Genny if he wanted to
make headway in anything more than a 28-knot wind.  He also told me that
poor performance is because of the captain and not the boat.  So true.

Lee
1999 Rhodes22 soon
Claytor Lake, VA