[Rhodes22-list] a boisterous sail

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Mar 25 15:57:44 EDT 2021

We towed ours back and forth PA to the Chesapeake for a long time with a
Chevy Blazer rated for 5000 lbs. It did fine but when we switched it out
for the Nissan Frontier rated at 6300 lbs it was noticeably better, even
around town and at the launch ramp - but the Blazer worked. I think
you'll be fine at Fancy Gap (we were with a heavier and less aerodynamic
travel trailer towed by the Nissan) but plan on taking it slow.  Just
make sure the brakes on the trailer work and make sure you've got about
11-13% tongue weight.

Good luck! Hope you get it home in time to enjoy the summer sailing.

Mary Lou
ex R22 now Rosborough RF-246,  Tara
Rock Hall, MD