[Rhodes22-list] Electric Winch Replacement

Tom Van Heule tom.vanheule at intrinsicprograms.com
Sun Oct 3 17:25:23 EDT 2021

I haven't any experience, so information may be short.
My OPINION... As easy as it is to hit a button, it's not as quick as the
manuals I have seen.to lower the motor.
Ymmv on maintenance. My power winch does work well, and is used fairly
often. Leaving the slip out the channel usually, and some "let's get back"
moments means I am raising and lowering up to 2-4 times per sail.
 If there was a critique the 8hp 4 stroke sometimes "bounces" in the track
as slack comes. Seems like a slight binding on the track.  Maybe it was
originally a lighter OB in 2011, not a big deal. Maybe the manual would be
smoother?

 As an aside, Spiders suck (what do y'all do about dock spiders?)