[Rhodes22-list] Spreaders

hankstein at aol.com hankstein at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 12:12:50 EDT 2023

I am Hank Stein.  I recently purchased a '93 Rhodes 22 (GBX22113A193).

The spreaders are connected with a cotter pin to a through the mast pin.  --  that is, both spreaders are attached to a pin that goes through the mast. This seems an odd way to mount spreaders.  Please, I would appreciate knowing if this is a factory method for attaching the spreaders.  The through the mast pin has an inordinate amount of "sloop" (clearance between the mast through hole and the pin).
Any advice will be appreciated since I've never seen spreaders mounted in this way and am concerned.
Thanks for any help.
Hank Stein    Huron, Ohio