[Rhodes22-list] Elco Electric Outboards and Old Salt Marine (FL)

peter klappert koatimundi100 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 11:38:52 EDT 2023

As a warning to my fellow Rhodes 22 owners, I am posting this email to Elco
on FaceBook and here on the list.

To Elco—

This is far from the first time I’ve contacted you.

My Rhodes 22 pocket-cruiser sailboat had been sitting in the lot at Old
Salt Marine in Palmetto FL since last July, awaiting conversion from the
Merc 9.9 BigFoot gas outboard to the Elco 9.9.

In those 10 months NOTHING has been done to effect the change. It sits
there on asphalt with its main sail rolled up inside the mast and the 160%
Genoa rolled up around the forestay, baking in the Florida sun. I wonder if
I’ll even have usable sails when I finally get it in the water. I brought
Old Salt a large tarp and lines to cover the boat, and even that hasn’t
been done.

So I guess I have to tow the R22 to the nearest competent Elco dealership.
Competent!

Where do you suggest?

I am posting this email on FaceBook and on the Rhodes 22 owners list serve
as a warning to other boat owners, heading it Elco Electric Outboards and
Old Salt Marine—Florida.

BTW in July I will receive my new Candela C8 HT. Maybe I should just sell
the Rhodes?
--
*>>>>>>>>>  *[image: Sailboat on Messenger]*<<<<<<<<<*

*Peter Klappert5012 Bay State Road Palmetto, FL 34221*