[Rhodes22-list] Bedding Cabin Rails

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 17:45:33 EDT 2023

Peter if you could explain the drill-fill-drill method that would be
great.  I assume I drill a larger hole, fill it with epoxy then drill a
smaller pilot hole for the screws.  That was my plan.  Let me know if that
makes sense.
Also, what is butyl?  Is that a sealant for bedding the new rails?  FYI,
the new rails will not cover the old holes.
In a different life I could appreciate the esthetic of the wooden rails.
In this life, I would rather sail than refinish and my wooden rails really
look terrible.
Thanks to all and good sailing!!

*Thanks and Stay Well,*

*Stephen Staum*