[Rhodes22-list] removing mainsl - need advice please

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Thu Aug 3 16:22:59 EDT 2023

Hank,

I've never actually detached my mainsail from the roller tube, but once you get things disassembled, I think that should only require removing a couple of screws.

If your mast is currently up, you'll need to take it down and off the boat.  The whole mainsail and furler assembly is then slid out of the mast through the bottom.  I made a YouTube video about replacing the mainsail furling line that may help get you started: https://youtu.be/MH7hYJnoNpM

You'll want to be careful not to bend or kink the tube the sail wraps around.

HTH,

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)