[Rhodes22-list] removing mainsl - need advice please

Donald Simons borderfolle at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 23:04:46 EDT 2023

 I have a 2003 Rhodes with IMF.  A few years ago I removed my mainsail so I could send it to SailCare for repair.  As Peter suggested, you must unstep the mast and remove the internal components in order to remove the sail.  The aluminum furling tube is slid into a sewn pocket on the luff of the sail.  The sail is attached to the tube at the head and the tack.  There are also 2 plastic donuts that are attached to the tube with screws.
I suggest that you take photos as you disassemble, so that you can reassemble after the repair.  Among other things, ensure that the sail is rolled the correct direction.
I hope that this helps.
Don Simons,  Old Forge, NY