[Rhodes22-list] portlight sealant

jpd9668 jpd9668 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 07:57:52 EDT 2023

Do not use hardware store Caulk or sealants. Practical Sailor has a great article on testing they did some years ago. It is available in their archives. If you don't subscribe,  you should.Joe DempseyEx-Rhodes 22S/V RespiteDeltaville, VASent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: peter beckerman via Rhodes22-list <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Date: 8/30/23  11:15 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: [Rhodes22-list] portlight sealant Hi All,    I'm looking for opinions.   I need to re-seat one of my (leaky) portlights.  Beckson calls for a silicone sealant.  can I just get a silicone caulk from Home Depot, or is there a Marine sealant that is more appropriate?Thanks,   Peter