[Rhodes22-list] Forward windows on R22

BARRY RUEHLEN ruehbl at msn.com
Sat Dec 2 20:43:11 EST 2023

Thanks Peter.
 Our current leak issue is very minimal and I believe when we get around to having covers made, we should be golden. Even though the silicon grease is mostly doing the trick, I'll look for replacement seals as well. Our list is long. We bought our R22 in June of 2022. I thought the cabin just needed a little carpentry and tlc. My arena. Turned out that she had termites and we had to pull all "furniture" out as well as the cabin deck. Now we could see dry rotted stringers. I repaired the stringers and found the cockpit deck was soft. We cut it out and replaced the core and non skid. Then the Hurricane Ian beat the hull a bit, and floated her off the trailer and broke the center board. The list goes on, but we are now putting the cabin back together, on the last coat of vivid red hull paint, and repairing gel coat areas. I have been lurking on this site from the beginning. I'm one of the people that recently got chastised for not stating our craft name and hailing port. We didn't have a name yet. I wanted to call it the Red Onion because every layer we pealed off reveled another. We have now settled on "Perseverance." It's got a great personal ring and seams fitting. By the way thanks to all that have slipped me helpful information along the way. I know Todd has helped on a couple issues. Great group and the data base is very helpful.
Best,
BARRY
s/v Perserverance (formally Crimson Cloud)
St James City, Fl.