[Rhodes22-list] Water in the Cabin

Reuben Mezrich reuben.mezrich at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 10:35:38 EST 2023

Hey Chris
One battery (#1, the one next to the head) is toast, with some sort of foam
bubbling out of it). The other (#2) is visually OK but haven't tested. I
had a battery charger under the settee which I expect is gone. I'm worried
about the battery for my ePropulsion outboard which wasn't submerged but
probably got a bit wet.
When I took up the flooring to have a better look at the bilge I found that
the flooring material was not plywood but appeared to be some sort of
pressboard or particle board..strange material to use in a boat..I'll have
to replace that with plywood and probably a veneer.
I will be installing a bilge pump with a float and plumbing it into the
sink drain...something about closing the barn door.....
TowBoatUS will be towing me to a marina later this week...since I'm still
floating and with the really bad storms we're having, they wanted to wait.

Reuben Mezrich
cell: 410-499-8922
Pelican Cove in Sarasota and Back Bay, Boston