[Rhodes22-list] Imf part

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Dec 29 21:32:54 EST 2023

Barry,

Your picture did come through, and that donut piece does definitely look chewed up.  I'm surprised to hear that yours is made of soft material, since that is pretty clearly not an appropriate choice.

You would certainly want to use some variety of high density plastic material to create a replacement.  'Starboard' would one choice.  I believe the general name for this class of material is 'high density polyethylene' or HDPE.  I usually shop for items like this at the McMaster-Carr website.  If Starboard doesn't come in the exact thickness you need, there may be other similar materials that do.  (And consider that precise thickness may not be a critical dimension here.)

Best of Luck,

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)